GREAT FALLS, MONTANA — Cascade County is grieved to announce an additional four COVID-19 deaths in Cascade County since November 16th. This brings us to a total of 56 deaths in our community.
These individuals were:
- male in his 90s
- male in his 80s
- (2) females in their 90s
CCHD is deeply saddened by these losses and we send our condolences to the family and friends of these individuals. We urge our community to come together and lend their support by continuing to practice prevention measures.
Today, Cascade County reported an additional 540 new cases.
The large number of cases reported today are similar to the large amount reported on Saturday, November 14th (440). With the visit from the CDC last week to assist Cascade City County Health Department in streamlining our processes as well as the hiring of additional contact tracers, we have finally been able to shift some of our staff from contact tracing over to focusing on the data entry.
Additionally, The COVID map and state database went live this week with cases being entered in the database and then directly reported onto the map. Previously, this number was a combination of spreadsheets and cases entered into the state database.
It is to the benefit of every community member that businesses and individuals continue to take prevention seriously and do everything they can to curb the spread of this virus. Known prevention measures include:
- Staying home when you are sick and getting tested if symptoms are consistent with COVID-19
- Limiting interactions with others and thinking critically about the necessity of engaging in certain events/outings/gatherings
- Social distancing wherever possible
- Universal masking and proper mask wearing
- Good sanitation practices and hand washing
- Isolating if you are positive, and notifying everyone you were in contact with for 48 hours prior to the onset of symptoms or 48 hours prior to test date
- Quarantining if you have had close contact with a positive case, and continuing to quarantine for 2 weeks from the time you were exposed
Together we can make an impact.