GREAT FALLS – The Cascade City-County Health Department is pleased to announce that, starting at 11:00 a.m. today, everyone in Tier 1B is eligible to sign up for COVID-19 vaccination. Many slots are still available for appointments the weeks of 2/21 and 2/28.
Those eligible in Tier 1B are the following:
- Individuals age 70+
- Individuals age 16-69 with qualifying health conditions*
- No doctor’s note or other proof of medical condition is required. That would quickly overwhelm doctors’ offices.
- American Indians and other people of color who may be at elevated risk for COVID-19 complications
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Down syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathy
- Immuno-compromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Severe obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes
- On a case-by-case basis, medical providers may include individuals with other conditions that place them at elevated risk for COVID-19-related complications
If you have any of these conditions, or other serious conditions such that you think your doctor would advise you to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit www.benefis.org/covidvaccine immediately to schedule your vaccination appointment.
Again, proof of medical conditions is not required.